Hitting the links in The Villages
If you like golf then you will love living in The Villages. There are 11 immaculately kept championship golf courses, 30 executive courses and 4 practice facilities in The Villages. Lifetime country club memberships to the championship courses are included for Village residents and walking the executive courses is free!
- 32 executive golf courses, By final build out The Villages will have 35 9-hole executive golf course
- 11 Championship Courses 279 Holes, By final build out The Villages will operate 12 country club championship courses, 2012-2013 Fall and Winter Fees
- Golf Course Map or get VillagesGPS app that shows all courses & gives you turn by turn directions
- At final build out The Villages FL will have a total of 621 holes of golf
- Currently there are 579 total golf holes – Jan 2013
- There are 300 par three holes of golf in The Villages
- There are 30 par 4’s on Executive Courses
- There are 147,896 yards (85 miles) of golf available in The Villages (from back tees) Championship Golf Holes total 52 miles and Executive Course holes total 31.2 miles
- Cane Gardens ‘ Allamanda/Jacaranda (3606/3583 yards) from the back tees is nine yards longer than Palmer Legends’ Cherry Hill/Laurel Valley (3541/3639 yards)
- With 11 Championship and 32 Executive Golf Courses The Villages exceeds the second largest golf facility in the world, Mission Hills in China , which as 216 holes.
- 316 golfers shot their age in 2011
- Total shoot-your-age rounds in The Villages 1500
- There were 1,832 holes-in-one in The Villages in 2011, and 2 albatross
- In 2011 a total of 55,663 Villagers played one or more rounds of golf for a total of 2,546,611 rounds of golf.
- The approximate miles driven in golf carts for this many rounds of golf on The Villages golf courses total 6,330,365 miles. That’s a distance equivalent to driving around the world at the Equator 254 times.
- About one-third of Villages residents are regular golfers
- Playing 36 holes per day, a Villager could play 16 straight days of golf in The Villages without repeating a hole
- Golf Management Systems statistically estimates that golf balls lost in 2011 total approximately 5,810,493 (WOW!)
- There were 717,124 championship rounds of golf played in The Villages
- Average rounds of golf were 57,370 per course which is almost twice the nationwide average
- There were 1,829,340 executive golf rounds played in The Villages
- 9 hole golf courses averaged 59,192 rounds of golf
- Executive golf rounds played in The Villages were 3.5 times the national average